July 2018 meeting: success! Next TGD meeting: August 2
July’s meeting was great! We welcomed some new faces and squeezed 10 people into my humble living room. Some highlights of the evening:
- I (Bobby) showed the first prototype for an RPG item-based puzzle game I’ve been working on
- Chris showed some Diablo III shaders he replicated, and we talked about Unity’s new shader graph system
- Brandon showed some early-phase projects including a rhythm game and stealth game, as well as his designs for a custom head-to-head arcade cabinet
- Andrew showed his progress on a Lua library he plans to use to make games with rich programming mechanics built into gameplay
- Drew demoed a 2-4 player airship-themed deck building digital card game, Tal’Vos, that he’s been making for a client
- Oz demoed Strings of Ambivalence, a 3D sidescrolling RPG combining traditional and nonviolent mechanics
This was our first meeting at my home, a duplex apartment just south of UA campus. Based on feedback about the location and available space it looks like we have a suitable regular meeting place, at least until we need to accommodate more than a dozen or so attendees.
So, for our next meeting on August 2, we’ll meet here again! Keep an eye on your inbox (and spam folder!) for the impending TGD mailing list announcement containing the directions, if you don’t have them already. Pop into our Discord server if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you then!